I've had no problems with any releases leading up to, and including 22.214.171.1244 on my bold.
I always follow these steps:
- Disable internet connection
- Install new berry OS
- Make a backup copy of the original OS (not absolutely necessary, I'm just crazy like this)
- Open Shrink-A-OS, remove all the stuff I never use.
- Open BBSAK, backup my 3rd party apps
- Open DM and backup my berry device data
- Open BBSAK again, and click "Wipe Device", wait for your berry to load up with "Load new Software" (I think this is error 507)
- run `loader.exe /nojvm' (C:\progra~1\common files\research in motion\apploader\)
- once OS is installed, restore 3rd party apps via BBSAK
- battery pull (once)
- restore all data from DM
- battery pull (twice)
- re-enable internet connection
Doing this, I've never had a problem with any OS (other than true bugs, quirks)
Go into options>themes then click on your active theme and go to the last option theme defaults and choose to only reset just your theme default wallpaper. Once it resets to default then set your custom wallpaper and it should work. But if u reboot or battery pull it will screw up again and then you have to follow those steps again.