Bold 5.0.0.314 Findings and Fixes - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 106

Thread: Bold 5.0.0.314 Findings and Fixes

  1. #41
    Lineman73 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Al.
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.314
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times

    Bold 5.0.0.314

    I have been running this for 48 hours now with no problems. I downloaded over .238 and used Crackmem to get rid of what I did not want. Battery usage is better than .238, although available memory is a little lower. I did not have to do browser fix for AT&T as it seemed to transer over from .238. All applications were working but no Visual Voice Mail at all. I copied vvm.alx file and the vvm cods from Java folder in .238 to .314 and VVM is working like a charm. Browser seems to be snappier and new icon colors are nice. This is the best OS I have used to date. I am sure an official release is just around the corner.
    Last edited by Lineman73; 10-25-2009 at 07:19 PM.




  2. #42
    alexander_ekin's Avatar
    alexander_ekin is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow alexander_ekin On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    indonesia
    Device
    9000 and 9550
    OS
    MY Newest Hybrids
    Posts
    244
    Liked
    2 times
    i have problem stag and reboot in 314, ihave downgrade to 238. 238 work perfectly than 314....

  3. #43
    dannymac77 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    30500bff
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.122/ 3.5 Hybrid
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    its so amazing that we all have such different experiences with the leaked software, what works for me in my environment, doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you in yours. It's amazing that RIM is ever able to release an 'official' upgrade because each persons experience seems like such a flip of the coin. I'm downloading it now, got to love rapidshare as a free user. 50 minutes for 70 more mb's.
    Incidentally, loaded the OS 5 for a friends 8330, it's been hanging for about 10 minutes on the new load bar, hope that is to be expected

  4. #44
    hughker is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Bold.
    OS
    5.0.0.5929 (1004)
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman View Post
    For those who see their BB rebooting all the time, try reformatting your memory card.

    I agree. I have yet to encounter any issue with Memory Loss with .314
    I backed-up my files and formatted the card -- so far no issues.

    .314 is awesome. When I get some more time I am going to post my Thoughts and Findings.

  5. #45
    idian is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    4.6.0.282
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    What are the programs that cannot run or not compatible in OS5 ?
    Last edited by idian; 10-27-2009 at 02:14 AM.

  6. #46
    dilipc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Device
    Storm2 (9550)
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    28
    Liked
    0 times
    I loaded .314 three days ago. I've not had a single reboot since then! Everything I've tried is working perfectly. I'm loving this leak!
    Last edited by dilipc; 10-27-2009 at 02:27 AM.

  7. #47
    jfchadeyron is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    20
    Liked
    0 times
    I formatted my Media Card and wiped my BB Bold but i have many reboots...

  8. #48
    dlsolo's Avatar
    dlsolo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow dlsolo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    PIN
    the tail on the iPhone
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, finally got done updating my BOLD. Backed up my stuff, took my SD card out, and wiped the phone.

    The install went smooth and noticeably faster than previous updates.

    I have had no reboot problems. Restored my back ups individually and reinstalled my SD card. No issues as of yet. I did have to do the browser fix. Where is the infamous tabbed browser???

    One thing I have noticed (and it my be the local network I'm in) is that my 3G is flaky. I will get a full signal with the 3G but can't make phone calls or surf the internet. Once I set the Bold to go to 2G (EDGE), things work fine.

    All in all, I'm a happy camper with this OS. And if someone could tell me why my Slacker Radio will not play the "next" song, that would be great!!!!
    dlsolo@blackberryos.com
    GTalk: dlsolo@gmail.com
    GWave: dlsolo@googlewave.com

  9. #49
    BBphreak's Avatar
    BBphreak is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BBphreak On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    GED your IP ;)
    Device
    9700/9000
    OS
    >>.421/.411
    Posts
    205
    Liked
    0 times
    My Bold just randomly rebooted for the first time since I installed .314, I installed it Friday night. I'm going to do a full wipe tonight and reinstall it, if anyone has the working Visual Voice Mail files/.alx to add to this install please post them!

  10. #50
    SaneinOne is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SaneinOne On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    207B34E9
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    4.6.0.266
    Posts
    15
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BBphreak View Post
    My Bold just randomly rebooted for the first time since I installed .314, I installed it Friday night. I'm going to do a full wipe tonight and reinstall it, if anyone has the working Visual Voice Mail files/.alx to add to this install please post them!
    238 VVM files download
    Last edited by jnepsa; 10-27-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: put in description of what link is

  11. #51
    Drewdatrip is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    24a0a264
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.314
    Posts
    35
    Liked
    0 times
    .314 Is working well for the most part. I have noticed a faster response in general and faster load times.
    Gmail contacts syncing wonderfully!
    A few things i have noticed though:
    Volume key seems to be unresponsive at times
    Viigo Does not work at all it locks the phone up
    Did not install VVM( i tried to restore with BBSAK, however no dice on the restoral of my apps, any ideas for an alternative?)

    oh and Tweet genius is working far better on this version, i was getting a strange double icon in app switch, one of which would cause a lock. that no longer happens with this version

  12. #52
    wallcrawler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.600
    Posts
    42
    Liked
    1 times

    My experiences

    I installed .314 after first doing a BBSAK device wipe and removing the SD card. I have not had any reboot issues whatsoever. But then again, for what it's worth, I always remove my SD card before a wipe/OS load, and I never restore anything ... I always look for and download the latest apps, and configure all of it from scratch.

    Here's my experiences:

    [THE GOOD]
    -- The ability to reconfigure a theme's downloads folder is fantastic and works well.
    -- Reconnecting to my company's BES worked well, although just after the encryption services were verified it demanded a reboot. Never seen this before. But after rebooting, the rest of the activation went flawlessly.
    -- BES Desktop messages now has it's own icon.
    -- Enhanced GMail plugin is built-in, and works great.
    -- I had to copy the .alx and .cods for Visual VoiceMail from the .238 build, but it works flawlessly.
    -- The latest version of these apps all work perfectly: Google Voice, Google Maps, GMail, ScoreMobile, Poynt, Dictionary.com, AOL Radio Player, QuickLaunch, and all of RIM's IM clients.
    -- The latest beta of BerryBuzz (directly from the bellshare.com forums) works like a champ. I don't use the reminders that are mentioned at the end of the forum thread, so that issue doesn't impact me.
    -- The latest prod release of BerryWeather works like a champ. This was broken in .238.

    [THE WEIRD]
    -- The latest version of Vlingo works great, but seems to often forget the side button assignment. Only a reboot will correct it; I cannot seem to do anything to correct it otherwise.
    -- While I'm on a call, I see the notification icons displayed (for things like new message, etc) but there is no item count.

    [THE BAD]
    -- Facebook 1.7 sucks serious donkey's ass, and m.facebook.com seems to think my device won't support 1.6. It's dreadfully slow, and while it does indeed nuke the incoming notifications from my mailbox, is often chooses to just put them in the bit bucket and never reflect them in the app. Patently awful.
    -- While on the phone I hear the sound break up for a few seconds, on an interval, both through the handset and bluetooth. Muting my line seems to correct it. This definitely did not occur in .238.
    -- Some themes that worked well on the .238 build do not work so well on this one, due to the updated UI.
    Last edited by wallcrawler; 10-27-2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Updated to correct BerryWeather status -- it works!

  13. #53
    BBphreak's Avatar
    BBphreak is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BBphreak On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    GED your IP ;)
    Device
    9700/9000
    OS
    >>.421/.411
    Posts
    205
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SaneinOne View Post

    Thanks SaneinOne, if you install .314 keep in mind it does not come with Visual Voice Mail, once you have .314 installed download the files in the link above for .238 VVM and Install them via BBSAK!

  14. #54
    hughker is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Bold.
    OS
    5.0.0.5929 (1004)
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wallcrawler View Post
    I installed .314 after first doing a BBSAK device wipe and removing the SD card. I have not had any reboot issues whatsoever. But then again, for what it's worth, I always remove my SD card before a wipe/OS load, and I never restore anything ... I always look for and download the latest apps, and configure all of it from scratch.

    Here's my experiences:

    [THE GOOD]
    -- The ability to reconfigure a theme's downloads folder is fantastic and works well.
    -- Reconnecting to my company's BES worked well, although just after the encryption services were verified it demanded a reboot. Never seen this before. But after rebooting, the rest of the activation went flawlessly.
    -- BES Desktop messages now has it's own icon.
    -- Enhanced GMail plugin is built-in, and works great.
    -- I had to copy the .alx and .cods for Visual VoiceMail from the .238 build, but it works flawlessly.
    -- The latest version of these apps all work perfectly: Google Voice, Google Maps, GMail, ScoreMobile, Poynt, Dictionary.com, AOL Radio Player, QuickLaunch, and all of RIM's IM clients.
    -- The latest beta of BerryBuzz (directly from the bellshare.com forums) works like a champ. I don't use the reminders that are mentioned at the end of the forum thread, so that issue doesn't impact me.
    -- The latest prod release of BerryWeather works like a champ. This was broken in .238.

    [THE WEIRD]
    -- The latest version of Vlingo works great, but seems to often forget the side button assignment. Only a reboot will correct it; I cannot seem to do anything to correct it otherwise.
    -- While I'm on a call, I see the notification icons displayed (for things like new message, etc) but there is no item count.

    [THE BAD]
    -- Facebook 1.7 sucks serious donkey's ass, and m.facebook.com seems to think my device won't support 1.6. It's dreadfully slow, and while it does indeed nuke the incoming notifications from my mailbox, is often chooses to just put them in the bit bucket and never reflect them in the app. Patently awful.
    -- While on the phone I hear the sound break up for a few seconds, on an interval, both through the handset and bluetooth. Muting my line seems to correct it. This definitely did not occur in .238.
    -- Some themes that worked well on the .238 build do not work so well on this one, due to the updated UI.

    I noticed the same issue re: the "New Message ICON" while on a phone call. Since it doesn't affect the use of the phone, I don't really care about it.

    I was worried about VVM... But since Google Voice allows you to forward your VoiceMails to it: I took the compromise and I think I'll enjoy Google Voice more than the BB VVM.

  15. #55
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    So far I like this OS, as for vvm I'm google fan, I like it better
    Posted via BlackBerry device

  16. #56
    wallcrawler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.600
    Posts
    42
    Liked
    1 times

    More notification icons weirdness

    Yet more notification icons weirdness ... check this out following a reboot ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bold 5.0.0.314 Findings and Fixes-goofed-notifications.jpg  

  17. #57
    Drewdatrip is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    24a0a264
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.314
    Posts
    35
    Liked
    0 times
    I was getting a few more reboots so i did a media card format.
    It seems to have happen after my installation of the new Tweet Genius 1.1
    Gonna see how it goes.
    Im having issues reinstalling VVM, I attempted to do it with BBSAK, however it just stats that my device may reboot after the apps are installed, then says its done, but nothing actully happens...and i DID backup my apps with BBSAK b4 update. I just attempted to install the alx file from the above download via mac desktop manager, and it states that my device is not compatible.
    Any ideas?

  18. #58
    sunkast Guest
    Try placing the cods in the java folder and then plugging in your phone.

  19. #59
    DataCentre's Avatar
    DataCentre is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.314
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by disturkis4u View Post
    during the browser fix.. i'm getting endless reboots =/
    Back up the content on your media card, then format it. Before you transfer the files back, delete all the thumbnail files. This is the fix for the reboot.

  20. #60
    Drewdatrip is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    24a0a264
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.314
    Posts
    35
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Try placing the cods in the java folder and then plugging in your phone.
    How might i do this in Mac os?
    Im very familiar with windows based stuff and i tend to do all my updates at work on my pc..but ill be home for the next few days and i only have my Mac

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •