OS 5.0.0.238 for the Bold Findings and Fixes - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 187

Thread: OS 5.0.0.238 for the Bold Findings and Fixes

  1. #161
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlaruba View Post
    Need to fix the browser
    Sounds like your carrier doesn't have the service books for the OS yet. You could try that browser fix in the other thread you posted, but it may not work.




  2. #162
    kewlaruba is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow kewlaruba On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oranjestad, Aruba
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.570
    Posts
    87
    Liked
    7 times
    Hope that the next OS 5.O release will fix the browser problem.

  3. #163
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlaruba View Post
    Hope that the next OS 5.O release will fix the browser problem.
    It's not the OS, it's your carrier not having service books to support the OS that you are running on your device.

  4. #164
    arek28's Avatar
    arek28 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
    PIN
    2COOLPIN
    Device
    Q10
    OS
    Newest
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    5 times
    Anybody know how to get rid of the "phone number" on the call screen?

  5. #165
    BrianF is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    PIN
    305D2F4F
    Device
    storm 1
    OS
    5.0.0.328 boring official
    Posts
    24
    Liked
    0 times
    <__ kinda lazy. what is better with this than full .230? thinking of downgrading

  6. #166
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arek28 View Post
    Anybody know how to get rid of the "phone number" on the call screen?
    Go into option, phone options, general options, scroll down to "show my number", turn that to off and click save

  7. #167
    arek28's Avatar
    arek28 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
    PIN
    2COOLPIN
    Device
    Q10
    OS
    Newest
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Go into option, phone options, general options, scroll down to "show my number", turn that to off and click save
    I tried doing that... turning it off.. but it would still appear on the dial screen... i even tried turning it on... then save... and turn it on and save again.... it's still there...! Anybody have this problem too?

  8. #168
    ChaosMinionX's Avatar
    ChaosMinionX is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Bold 9700 / AT&T
    OS
    .442/451 Hybrid
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok so update, the blackberry browser is letting me select Internet Browser, but it does not connect to any webpages.... Bolt/Opera both work, but the blackberry one does not, I have even reloaded everything.

    Any ideas?

  9. #169
    arek28's Avatar
    arek28 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
    PIN
    2COOLPIN
    Device
    Q10
    OS
    Newest
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMinionX View Post
    Ok so update, the blackberry browser is letting me select Internet Browser, but it does not connect to any webpages.... Bolt/Opera both work, but the blackberry one does not, I have even reloaded everything.

    Any ideas?
    Maybe your BIS is off? Did you load that website using a bookmark? It might be that the bookmark is configured to run by Hotspot/WAP?

  10. #170
    ussr is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    0 times
    Great news. This BBM 5.0 is supported on this OS!

  11. #171
    ChaosMinionX's Avatar
    ChaosMinionX is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Bold 9700 / AT&T
    OS
    .442/451 Hybrid
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arek28 View Post
    Maybe your BIS is off? Did you load that website using a bookmark? It might be that the bookmark is configured to run by Hotspot/WAP?
    I tried manually opening websites, that didnt work. I am back on 4.6 hybrid with 5.0 browser and everything works again.

    I am not sure what could be causing the problem, internet is available because bolt/opera both work fine, just the blackberry browser does not, and I have tried sending service books like a dozen times.

  12. #172
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMinionX View Post
    I tried manually opening websites, that didnt work. I am back on 4.6 hybrid with 5.0 browser and everything works again.

    I am not sure what could be causing the problem, internet is available because bolt/opera both work fine, just the blackberry browser does not, and I have tried sending service books like a dozen times.
    What carrier are you on?

  13. #173
    ChaosMinionX's Avatar
    ChaosMinionX is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Bold 9700 / AT&T
    OS
    .442/451 Hybrid
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    ATT in NY

  14. #174
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMinionX View Post
    ATT in NY
    I would suspect the problem might be the hybrid you are using. You could try loading an official OS and see if it corrects the problem. If it does, you could try the hybrid.

  15. #175
    ChaosMinionX's Avatar
    ChaosMinionX is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Bold 9700 / AT&T
    OS
    .442/451 Hybrid
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    I would suspect the problem might be the hybrid you are using. You could try loading an official OS and see if it corrects the problem. If it does, you could try the hybrid.
    I install the leaks for the 5.0.0.190 and .238 OS's, and thats where im having the problem... They are not hybrids, its the total leaked 5.0 OS that I install and then do the browser fix for (which does enable the Internet Browser option for me again), however the browser does not load any objects/text/pictures/etc/etc it simply looks like it does some stuff, then defaults to a white screen on everything but the BIS site. Opera/Bolt work fine when running 5.0, but the browser does not... it only loads the BIS site semi properly that lets me send service books and all that at https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

    The 4.6 OS I went back to (that has a functioning 5.0 BB Browser is based off Xonz 2.1 hybrid and it works perfectly.

    I guess I will have to keep messing with it, or just give up on 5.0 until release.
    Last edited by ChaosMinionX; 10-14-2009 at 03:00 AM.

  16. #176
    katiepea is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN
    249eca77
    Device
    9000
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    can you verify that you've tried the browser with NOTHING else installed? as in, you wiped the device, loaded .238, did the browser fix, and tried the browser without restoring ANYTHING? you need to try this. 95% of people having problems have blindly restored everything, and thats just setting yourself up for failure. not everything translates. 5.0.0.238 should be installed as follows:

    1. back your phone up, everything
    2. download the 5.0.0.XXX software
    3. install .exe and delete vendor.xml
    4. download bbsak and wipe device
    5. load OS from button in bbsak, do not select bbm, its old, DON'T USE DM
    6. allow OS to load and restore backup file, do the browser fix (at&t(if you don't have at&t i don't think you have to)if you do have them google att browser fix)
    7. re-install apps INDIVIDUALLY, i've had great success with this, in fact everything is working amazingly, but i had problems upon attempting to do it with 3rd party restore options.
    8. install app world, theres a link for working app world at BBHybrids - Blackberry Hybrids
    9. install facebook, AIM, MSN, etc from app world, it'll install the working 5.0 compatible version.
    10. install BBM 5 from app world, i originally installed overtop of 4.7 and felt like it ripped me off of some free app memory that way, so i wiped and re-did everything THIS WAY and it gave me 12MB more free space.

    apps i have working up to 5.0.0.238 on BOLD:
    Beejive v.1.1.2 (make sure all permissions set to "ALLOW")
    Google Maps 3.0.2
    Nintaii 1.4
    Pandora 1.1.1.1
    Quicklaunch 2.12.3
    WeatherBug WITH homescreen update 1.0.0.325 (this could be updating for me due to my theme, some people say its not working, but i imported the 8900's default theme, and it works fine for me)
    Facebook 1.6.0.22
    Flickr 1.0.1.10
    i've re-loaded this OS 3 times now, and its finally PERFECT now following the steps above, p.s. don't use ubertwitter, browser is working expediently, and i haven't experienced a media bug AT ALL, all media plays fine, song after song after song.
    Last edited by katiepea; 10-14-2009 at 05:57 AM.

  17. #177
    n8diggity is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    PIN
    20984602
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.91
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    i have bbm 5.0 working on this release. you need the official rim release and before downloading choose allow for all application permissions. i used wifi for this because im too lazy to do the browser fix kuz i never use it. You can use your blackberry homepage to get the official release if your carrier doesnt have the upgrade bbm service book yet

  18. #178
    ChaosMinionX's Avatar
    ChaosMinionX is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Bold 9700 / AT&T
    OS
    .442/451 Hybrid
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    can you verify that you've tried the browser with NOTHING else installed? as in, you wiped the device, loaded .238, did the browser fix, and tried the browser without restoring ANYTHING? you need to try this. 95% of people having problems have blindly restored everything, and thats just setting yourself up for failure. not everything translates. 5.0.0.238 should be installed as follows:

    1. back your phone up, everything
    2. download the 5.0.0.XXX software
    3. install .exe and delete vendor.xml
    4. download bbsak and wipe device
    5. load OS from button in bbsak, do not select bbm, its old, DON'T USE DM
    6. allow OS to load and restore backup file, do the browser fix (at&t(if you don't have at&t i don't think you have to)if you do have them google att browser fix)
    7. re-install apps INDIVIDUALLY, i've had great success with this, in fact everything is working amazingly, but i had problems upon attempting to do it with 3rd party restore options.
    8. install app world, theres a link for working app world at BBHybrids - Blackberry Hybrids
    9. install facebook, AIM, MSN, etc from app world, it'll install the working 5.0 compatible version.
    10. install BBM 5 from app world, i originally installed overtop of 4.7 and felt like it ripped me off of some free app memory that way, so i wiped and re-did everything THIS WAY and it gave me 12MB more free space.

    apps i have working up to 5.0.0.238 on BOLD:
    Beejive v.1.1.2 (make sure all permissions set to "ALLOW")
    Google Maps 3.0.2
    Nintaii 1.4
    Pandora 1.1.1.1
    Quicklaunch 2.12.3
    WeatherBug WITH homescreen update 1.0.0.325 (this could be updating for me due to my theme, some people say its not working, but i imported the 8900's default theme, and it works fine for me)
    Facebook 1.6.0.22
    Flickr 1.0.1.10
    i've re-loaded this OS 3 times now, and its finally PERFECT now following the steps above, p.s. don't use ubertwitter, browser is working expediently, and i haven't experienced a media bug AT ALL, all media plays fine, song after song after song.
    I dont backup/restore any settings when doing a new OS... I already knew this, and I use google sync to restore contacts which is about the only thing I care about on my BB at any one time.

    I must have a problem with either service books, or ATT.

  19. #179
    Darksmooth23 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    PIN
    208765DF
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    24
    Liked
    0 times
    Has anyone notice the battery life on the .230 OS is horrible?

  20. #180
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksmooth23 View Post
    Has anyone notice the battery life on the .230 OS is horrible?
    For me this has been the better one when it come to battery kife why you ask?
    Posted via BlackBerry device

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •