OS 5.0.0.238 for the Bold Findings and Fixes - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 187

Thread: OS 5.0.0.238 for the Bold Findings and Fixes

  1. #61
    thielsa is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.130
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Can someone confirm whether this version crashes when it roams like .190 . I love this software but this is a big problem for me.




  2. #62
    torreyblack's Avatar
    torreyblack is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow torreyblack On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Device
    Bold 9000 (AT&T)
    OS
    4.6.0.304
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    0 times
    i installed this today, did the browser fix & It was a beautiful thing until I reinstalled Quicklaunch. Damn, my "reset device" feature in Quicklaunch didn't work. Might have to go back to a hybrid for now. I paid 5 bucks for Quicklaunch, it absolutely has to work.

  3. #63
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Wirelessly posted (9000 OS 5.0.0.191)

    How come mine it does work, you might want to redownload the app
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  4. #64
    heartnet's Avatar
    heartnet is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow heartnet On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    89
    Liked
    0 times
    Installed it smoothly. All good. But still prob from .190 i can't forward messages from saved messages folder and no mms feat., only send/share> facebook and email.. browser is good, hospot and my carriers browser all 3rd party apps working:
    ubbertwitter, plurklite, qsms, controlbbpanel, colorID, iBerry black&white list, Phone tweak, QuickContacts, Safebox, SmsScheduler. =) beejiveIM still ain't working..

  5. #65
    torreyblack's Avatar
    torreyblack is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow torreyblack On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Device
    Bold 9000 (AT&T)
    OS
    4.6.0.304
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Wirelessly posted (9000 OS 5.0.0.191)

    How come mine it does work, you might want to redownload the app
    I did re-download it, i never do that 3rd party apps back up thing, i always do a fresh install of every app after a upgrade or downgrade, but for some reason just that one feature in Quicklaunch isn't working. All the other features are working fine, like "Screen Capture", etc.

  6. #66
    BBphreak's Avatar
    BBphreak is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BBphreak On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    GED your IP ;)
    Device
    9700/9000
    OS
    >>.421/.411
    Posts
    205
    Liked
    0 times
    Just installed 5.0.0.238, been installing 3rd party appz and testing them out and installing things with app world.... seems a little buggy.

    Overall the OS is VERY quick and responsive it seems, found a bug with the threaded SMS- when you delete a draft that gets automatically saved when you back out without sending the message it deletes the whole SMS conversation thread with that person instead of just the draft message.....will post more when I have more time and as I notice things...
    Last edited by BBphreak; 09-29-2009 at 11:52 PM.

  7. #67
    arek28's Avatar
    arek28 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
    PIN
    2COOLPIN
    Device
    Q10
    OS
    Newest
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    5 times
    Can someone explain the improvements of this build compared to .130 and .190....

    I'm thinking of upgrading from 4.6.0.301 to OS 5.0 but i need BBM5.... would the .130 have more bugs than the .301...?

    Anybody have any inputs on this..? Thanks..

  8. #68
    sunkast Guest
    .238 would be the best out of any 5.0 release.

  9. #69
    arek28's Avatar
    arek28 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
    PIN
    2COOLPIN
    Device
    Q10
    OS
    Newest
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    .238 would be the best out of any 5.0 release.
    Better in what way Sunkast? Any major differences from the .130/.190 build..?

  10. #70
    heartnet's Avatar
    heartnet is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow heartnet On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    89
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade44 View Post
    found a bug with the threaded SMS- when you delete a draft that gets automatically saved when you back out without sending the message it deletes the whole SMS conversation thread with that person instead of just the draft message.
    hmmm.. mine is okay. =)

  11. #71
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arek28 View Post
    Better in what way Sunkast? Any major differences from the .130/.190 build..?
    Less bugs, more compatible apps, better performance.

  12. #72
    torreyblack's Avatar
    torreyblack is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow torreyblack On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Device
    Bold 9000 (AT&T)
    OS
    4.6.0.304
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by torreyblack View Post
    i installed this today, did the browser fix & It was a beautiful thing until I reinstalled Quicklaunch. Damn, my "reset device" feature in Quicklaunch didn't work. Might have to go back to a hybrid for now. I paid 5 bucks for Quicklaunch, it absolutely has to work.
    I fixed it, I set all the permissions to allow & it's working now, imma stick wit 5.0.0.238

  13. #73
    g000se's Avatar
    g000se is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow g000se On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    expat In New Delhi
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    BBCrackman v3 .301 base
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by torreyblack View Post
    I fixed it, I set all the permissions to allow & it's working now, imma stick wit 5.0.0.238
    what hybrid were you running before this?
    BBcrackman is about to release a hybrid based on OS 5 - wondering if i should wait for that or not?

  14. #74
    arek28's Avatar
    arek28 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
    PIN
    2COOLPIN
    Device
    Q10
    OS
    Newest
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    5 times
    I just tested and confirmed first hand BBM5 doesn't work on this OS...

    However, it does work on OS 5.0.0.130

  15. #75
    BBphreak's Avatar
    BBphreak is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BBphreak On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    GED your IP ;)
    Device
    9700/9000
    OS
    >>.421/.411
    Posts
    205
    Liked
    0 times

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Blade44 View Post
    Just installed 5.0.0.238, been installing 3rd party appz and testing them out and installing things with app world.... seems a little buggy.

    Overall the OS is VERY quick and responsive it seems, found a bug with the threaded SMS- when you delete a draft that gets automatically saved when you back out without sending the message it deletes the whole SMS conversation thread with that person instead of just the draft message.....will post more when I have more time and as I notice things...

    Ok I believe I didn't explain myself correctly...it was kinda late when I wrote this, heres the detailed description...can anyone verify this as well? The threaded SMS bug I found is as follows:

    You have a thread conversation with a particular person, you open this threaded conversation, begin typing a message and decide u need to back out to do something else in the middle of typing this message, you click the back button and the OS automatically saves a draft...denoted by the green icon in your SMS inbox....well say you want to delete that draft...so you select the convo with the green draft icon and press delete.... instead of just deleting the draft that you started to compose, it deletes the ENTIRE conversation thread with that person. Just a heads up because it didn't make me too happy when I found this out the hard way...
    Last edited by BBphreak; 09-30-2009 at 10:19 AM.

  16. #76
    BBphreak's Avatar
    BBphreak is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BBphreak On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    GED your IP ;)
    Device
    9700/9000
    OS
    >>.421/.411
    Posts
    205
    Liked
    0 times

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by arek28 View Post
    I just tested and confirmed first hand BBM5 doesn't work on this OS...

    However, it does work on OS 5.0.0.130


    Thanks Arek28 but we've already known this and made it widely available to everyone that BBM5 (5.0.0.8) doesn't work on anything higher than 5.0.0.150 if you look back in this thread I believe jnepsa posted it in
    HUGE RED LETTERS
    :doh:
    Last edited by BBphreak; 09-30-2009 at 10:26 AM.

  17. #77
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade44 View Post
    Ok I believe I didn't explain myself correctly...it was kinda late when I wrote this, heres the detailed description...can anyone verify this as well? The threaded SMS bug I found is as follows:

    You have a thread conversation with a particular person, you open this threaded conversation, begin typing a message and decide u need to back out to do something else in the middle of typing this message, you click the back button and the OS automatically saves a draft...denoted by the green icon in your SMS inbox....well say you want to delete that draft...so you select the convo with the green draft icon and press delete.... instead of just deleting the draft that you started to compose, it deletes the ENTIRE conversation thread with that person. Just a heads up because it didn't make me too happy when I found this out the hard way...
    instead of deleting the draft... erase the text and it should go away.. when you hit delete it will clear that entire convo.. let me know if that works.

  18. #78
    BBphreak's Avatar
    BBphreak is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BBphreak On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    GED your IP ;)
    Device
    9700/9000
    OS
    >>.421/.411
    Posts
    205
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    instead of deleting the draft... erase the text and it should go away.. when you hit delete it will clear that entire convo.. let me know if that works.

    Yeah that will work im sure of it, but you would figure that the most user friendly way to code this would be that if there is a draft present in a thread you shouldn't have to perform all those extra actions... click into the thread again and backspace all the text you wrote just for the draft to disappear. You should be able to highlight the thread with a draft and click delete once to delete the draft and do this again to delete the convo thread.... EVEN better ...add an option when you highlight the convo with a draft and click menu an additional option that says Delete Draft!!!


    Also I am having issues with my OK and Cancel buttons in my pop up boxes to confirm installing things etc....the text on the buttons is either truncated or just shows ... when you highlight the option. :irked: I was thinking this might be my theme but I doubt it, going to test this later today....
    Last edited by BBphreak; 09-30-2009 at 11:36 AM.

  19. #79
    torreyblack's Avatar
    torreyblack is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow torreyblack On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Device
    Bold 9000 (AT&T)
    OS
    4.6.0.304
    Posts
    81
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by g000se View Post
    what hybrid were you running before this?
    BBcrackman is about to release a hybrid based on OS 5 - wondering if i should wait for that or not?
    i was running bbcrackman's v3 with .301 base before this, I think imma try xonx's 2.1 today though, because I noticed that he has all kinds of different files in his hybrid, including some .301 & .190 files. 5.0.0.238 is nice & fast, but it's still a little buggy. I thought i had Quicklaunch working, but it started not working again, then i'd do a battery pull, then it would work again, then a hour later it wouldn't work & when woke up this morning, my phone was attempting to reset on it's own. bbcrackman's v3 was also super fast, but i couldn't get viigo 2 work on it. I'd give .238 a shot because it might just work for u, but as for me, I need that Quicklaunch 2 work wit no problems. So imma downgrade until either bbcrackman or xonx put out their 5.0 based hybrids.

  20. #80
    BlackberryBlake's Avatar
    BlackberryBlake is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Device
    OG Bold & 9700
    OS
    latest (shrunken)
    Posts
    144
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm running about 7mb lower than when I was on .297. Also does anyone have Viigo working properly? I can't scroll in open articles....
    We pull batteries, swap bezels, break contracts, and stay up all night. We change OSes like we change underwear. If our phones could make us fly, we still wouldn't be satisfied. We're cut from a different cloth. A better breed. We are BlackBerry.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •