Step by step instructions?
I just currently installed the latest .297 (v2) of ATT's OS for the Bold. I have ATT, so I was able to install it as is without having to delete vendor.xml or anything else.
I would like to try the latest Hybrid on my Bold, but would like to see step by step instructions some where, please. I've downloaded the latest Hybrid, 2.1.
Thanks in advance!!!
Theres a lot of good tech people that i'm sure would be able to help you.
Welcome to !!!
Here are generic instructions for installing a hybrid:
1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs (DEVICE Software). Make sure all OS remains are deleted from c/program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files. Empty recycle bin and restart PC.
2. Download and install base OS to PC (see the one recommended by hybrid maker)
3. Download the desired hybrid
4. Double click on the hybrid or follow instructions per hybrid maker to install over OS
5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)
6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK (http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/3...nife-beta.html)
7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Shrink-A-OS.rar
8. Go to add/remove programs and make sure to delete RIM Internal Tools (Quincy tools, if present)
9. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a os, it deletes it automatically). Empty recycle bin.
10. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe
11. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything thru Desktop Manager
12. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
13. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone
Good luck and keep us posted!!!
Originally Posted by olta777
Hi. So I just tried the Hybrid 2.1. I followed the instructions. Is there a way to verify it worked?
According to BBSAK, most of my files are .297...
Check either thru BBSAK or options> applications> bb key> modules. As far as what files are supposed to be in this particular hybrid, only Xonz would be able to answer that for you or other people who loaded it successfully.
Originally Posted by gk527
Tags for this Thread