Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 9

  1. #1
    mrshagz is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Bold
    Posts
    2

    How do you install this? It says downgrade?!

    I tried to install this hybrid and I run the full install over my bold directory and when I run apploader it says to downgrade?! Is that correct?



  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by mrshagz View Post
    I tried to install this hybrid and I run the full install over my bold directory and when I run apploader it says to downgrade?! Is that correct?
    Hybrids use a mix of files from different os's, the apploader will pick up the files from older os's in the mix, and that is why it asks you to downgrade.

    So short answer is yes choose the downgrade.

  3. #3
    scook94's Avatar
    scook94 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    BlackBerry Bold
    OS
    OS5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    37
    Wirelessly posted

    Either that or wipe your device using Crackmem or BBSAK or some such prior to the OS load.



  4. #4
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by scook94 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Either that or wipe your device using Crackmem or BBSAK or some such prior to the OS load.
    Good point and suggestion but that does not always take care of the downgrade option popping up.

  5. #5
    scook94's Avatar
    scook94 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    BlackBerry Bold
    OS
    OS5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Good point and suggestion but that does not always take care of the downgrade option popping up.
    You mean if you use DM to load the OS? I've never used DM to change my OS other than when I wanted to go back to my carriers default.



  6. #6
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by scook94 View Post
    You mean if you use DM to load the OS? I've never used DM to change my OS other than when I wanted to go back to my carriers default.
    Sorry yes I only point that out due to some people only using DM and not loader when updating or downgrading their OS's

  7. #7
    ussr is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    27
    Sorry, how do u actually check if the FW has been properly loaded?

  8. #8
    sunkast Guest
    Options > Advanced > Applications > Menu > Modules. You should see a mix of file versions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •