Hey Morgan, back to 126.96.36.1991 !!!!! why dear????
anyone else having Bluetooth trouble in .190?
my 9000 is paired with a headset, but the headset won't engage during calls, nor can I delete from BT setup...the BB button won't even give me a menu.
installed 188.8.131.52 on my bold just now.. it's cool., although yeah some themes aren't compatible and gives those black and white stripes on the header, i suggest you install black themes or something.. can't wait for the official release!
3rd party apps running:
colorid - doesn't work on some contacts.
After a day of experiencing the OS.. battery life is excellent, pictures loads fast.. the media is now separated into four parts.. and while typing a text and exceeds 1 line it'll overlap the text above and won't be able to read while texting ; you have to scroll up to be able to read and scroll back down to continue texting.. and some themes that has a design on the header will have black and white lines so you must install themes that uses a solid color.. also if you restarted your phone and edited "me" (options>display name> Me) it'll return to normal (Me) eg. display name > +Me+ .. when restarted > Me .. it's a hassle to change everytime you restart..
so yeah hopefully all will work better on the official os and more conversion styles, the bubbles should have round edges.. LOL. and hopefully they would provide some few colors for the message/conversion styles or maybe a free third party app should do the trick, lol.
all in all, this beta os rocks! ~
Last edited by heartnet; 09-27-2009 at 07:11 AM.
i just installed it and cant use bbm 5 arrrggghhhhh....
I just got my first BB a few weeks ago, and I'm loving it so far. Got the upgrading itch and I installed 184.108.40.206 last night.
Here's my experience so far:
1. Beejive works. Was expecting it not to because others reported so.
2. Had some problem with BT where the phone connects but no audio comes out from my speakers. The menu also doesn't appear. I re-installed the BT and it's working fine now.
3. Some glitches with notification. e.g. occasionally when I receive a new sms, there is no notification icon at the top, the icon doesn't have the red star, and LED doesn't blink. But 95% of the time, it's fine.
4. Battery life unchanged for me, might even be slightly worse?
5. Memory only 20mb in device, seems to be less than before.
6. Browser loading up faster.
7. Loving the threaded sms feature. Had a problem deleting a chat, tried multiple times before it would go away but OK now.
8. FB works too, it's version .22.
9. Get an error message at startup "uncontrolled access" etc, but no big deal.
10. Deleted my mobireader, as there was an error message with it.
11. Quickpull doesn't work anymore, it aborts the reset.
12. "F" shortcut key for Profiles doesn't work.
That's all I can think of at the moment, appreciate your feedback on the above.
190 keeps turning on and off every 5 seconds
This is too weird, no idea why? Has anyone has this issue before?
It is wierd. I really liked .190 even though most 3rd party apps didn't work. I even tried changing the radio file to .297 without success. So it's .297 Xonz hybrid which has been the best 4.6 OS I've found.
Im ganna follow these instructions: https://hookedontronyx.com/Blackberr...structions.txt
***This next step is if you are installing an OS version of 220.127.116.11 or higher at the moment***
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v18.104.22.168_P22.214.171.124\Java
and delete all of the files that have this prefix "net_rim_bb_vvm".
I have not had any problems with VVM. Why would you want to delete this capability?
i'm quite happy with v126.96.36.199
although i've just noticed that the Media Player only has Videos, Pictures, Ringtones and Voice Notes..
also noticed that my ringtone (which is a midi file) doesn't play anymore.
i can set any of the default bb tones, and they work just fine
i solved part of the problem.
found out the "Music" icon was hidden Outside the Media folder!
actually i never thought Media was a folder.. but i enabled "Show all", located the Music icon and moved it into the media folder.. all good
still wondering what's up with midi playback :\
Wirelessly posted (9000 OS 188.8.131.52)
That is visual voice mail, if you're on att and have that service you want to keep ip
I installed .190, everything's working great for me for the most part. But, my phone won't let me use data when in a phone call. Hope that's fixed on the next leak
Wirelessly posted (9000 OS 184.108.40.206)
You can't browse the internet, if that what you mean, when on a phone call, is not an OS limitation but a network limitation
When I was at ATT getting my first BOLD simultaneous voice and data was one of their selling points, it's not a network thing as it worked on 4.x OS