With the pending release of the Onyx and Odin (and others) being launched with 5.0 firmware, you would have to assume the 3rd party apps are nearly ready to go. They will surely want their sw used on these hot new devices.
Originally Posted by Seanren78
Hey Morgan, back to 126.96.36.1991 !!!!! why dear????
Bluetooth issues in .190
anyone else having Bluetooth trouble in .190?
my 9000 is paired with a headset, but the headset won't engage during calls, nor can I delete from BT setup...the BB button won't even give me a menu.
installed 188.8.131.52 on my bold just now.. it's cool., although yeah some themes aren't compatible and gives those black and white stripes on the header, i suggest you install black themes or something.. can't wait for the official release!
3rd party apps running:
colorid - doesn't work on some contacts.
After a day of experiencing the OS.. battery life is excellent, pictures loads fast.. the media is now separated into four parts.. and while typing a text and exceeds 1 line it'll overlap the text above and won't be able to read while texting ; you have to scroll up to be able to read and scroll back down to continue texting.. and some themes that has a design on the header will have black and white lines so you must install themes that uses a solid color.. also if you restarted your phone and edited "me" (options>display name> Me) it'll return to normal (Me) eg. display name > +Me+ .. when restarted > Me .. it's a hassle to change everytime you restart..
so yeah hopefully all will work better on the official os and more conversion styles, the bubbles should have round edges.. LOL. and hopefully they would provide some few colors for the message/conversion styles or maybe a free third party app should do the trick, lol.
all in all, this beta os rocks! ~
Last edited by heartnet; 09-27-2009 at 07:11 AM.
i just installed it and cant use bbm 5 arrrggghhhhh....
Nope BBM5 will not work on any 5.0 OS only 4.7
Originally Posted by oracle
184.108.40.206 works excellently for me :)
I just got my first BB a few weeks ago, and I'm loving it so far. Got the upgrading itch and I installed 220.127.116.11 last night.
Here's my experience so far:
1. Beejive works. Was expecting it not to because others reported so.
2. Had some problem with BT where the phone connects but no audio comes out from my speakers. The menu also doesn't appear. I re-installed the BT and it's working fine now.
3. Some glitches with notification. e.g. occasionally when I receive a new sms, there is no notification icon at the top, the icon doesn't have the red star, and LED doesn't blink. But 95% of the time, it's fine.
4. Battery life unchanged for me, might even be slightly worse?
5. Memory only 20mb in device, seems to be less than before.
6. Browser loading up faster.
7. Loving the threaded sms feature. Had a problem deleting a chat, tried multiple times before it would go away but OK now.
8. FB works too, it's version .22.
9. Get an error message at startup "uncontrolled access" etc, but no big deal.
10. Deleted my mobireader, as there was an error message with it.
11. Quickpull doesn't work anymore, it aborts the reset.
12. "F" shortcut key for Profiles doesn't work.
That's all I can think of at the moment, appreciate your feedback on the above.
190 keeps turning on and off every 5 seconds
This is too weird, no idea why? Has anyone has this issue before?
Tags for this Thread