Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 34

  1. #17
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by mhop02 View Post
    so basically i need to re-install .130 in this step to do this fix?
    yes that what you need to do prior to do the fix....



  2. #18
    mhop02 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    249E9CC8
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.90
    Posts
    33
    ok so i tried it and not only do i still not have internet browser, my media player no longer works >_>

  3. #19
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mhop02 View Post
    ok so i tried it and not only do i still not have internet browser, my media player no longer works >_>
    This is after you wiped your device and reinstalled .130? Or did you also do the CrackUtil stuff too after reinstalling?



  4. #20
    mhop02 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    249E9CC8
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.90
    Posts
    33
    after I deleted the file using crackutil is when the media player stopped working. So I wiped the phone and reloaded the software and it worked. after i restored my backup file the media player wasn't working again. so it has something to do w/ the backup file

  5. #21
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mhop02 View Post
    after I deleted the file using crackutil is when the media player stopped working. So I wiped the phone and reloaded the software and it worked. after i restored my backup file the media player wasn't working again. so it has something to do w/ the backup file
    That's what it sounds like to me.



  6. #22
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by mhop02 View Post
    after I deleted the file using crackutil is when the media player stopped working. So I wiped the phone and reloaded the software and it worked. after i restored my backup file the media player wasn't working again. so it has something to do w/ the backup file
    Here is the fix:

    Delete ALL service books from your device except for BlackBerry Maps and BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service. Then do a battery pull. When the device reboots, resend service books from BIS site. Then your media player and browser will both work assuming you followed the steps properly. It's a pain but it works.

    NOTE: when you delete the service book Provisioning it will still show but no worries.
    Last edited by Morganizer; 07-30-2009 at 08:00 PM.

  7. #23
    mhop02 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    249E9CC8
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5.0.0.90
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    Here is the fix:

    Delete ALL service books from your device except for BlackBerry Maps and BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service. Then do a battery pull. When the device reboots, resend service books from BIS site. Then your media player and browser will both work assuming you followed the steps properly. It's a pain but it works.

    NOTE: when you delete the service book Provisioning it will still show but no worries.
    the problem I think i'm having is that I don't have a service book for Blackberry Internet Browsing Service. Can someone tell me the exact title for this book?
    Last edited by mhop02; 07-30-2009 at 09:57 PM.

  8. #24
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by mhop02 View Post
    the problem I think i'm having is that I don't have a service book for Blackberry Internet Browsing Service. Can someone tell me the exact title for this book?
    That is the exact title. You may have missed a step from the original tutorial because that service book is there every time. Maybe double check your list of service books. There are so many I always have to look very carefully to spot that one.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •