Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 14

  1. #1
    ojahr is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    PIN
    256C0D85
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    4.6.0 303
    Posts
    8

    Unhappy OS 4.6.0 vs 5.0.0 - Service Book Issues

    Hi,
    I want to upgrade my Bold 9000 from 4.6.0.303 to 5.0 and have tried nummerous versions including JSL 7.0 and some of Willyboy's hybrids. The problem is that i CANNOT get the service book entries from my carrier into 5.0 - only into 4.6 - can ANYONE give me a hand?
    I enclose the service book from 4.6 - in 5.0 I only get WiFi..
    I want to use this carrier without BIS and it works in 4.6, but I have other issues and would very much like to upgrade...
    Any specialists out there?
    Thks
    OlaOS 4.6.0 vs 5.0.0 - Service Book Issues-bbscreenie2012_01_14_19_51_45.jpg



  2. #2
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ojahr View Post
    Hi,
    I want to upgrade my Bold 9000 from 4.6.0.303 to 5.0 and have tried nummerous versions including JSL 7.0 and some of Willyboy's hybrids. The problem is that i CANNOT get the service book entries from my carrier into 5.0 - only into 4.6 - can ANYONE give me a hand?
    I enclose the service book from 4.6 - in 5.0 I only get WiFi..
    I want to use this carrier without BIS and it works in 4.6, but I have other issues and would very much like to upgrade...
    Any specialists out there?
    Thks
    OlaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	BBScreenie2012_01_14_19_51_45.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	2360
    I would need to know who your mobile carrier is, so I may further help you on this issue, ojahr

  3. #3
    ojahr is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    PIN
    256C0D85
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    4.6.0 303
    Posts
    8
    Hi and thanks. My carrier is Chess (Norway) - owned by TeliaSonera and running on the Netcom network. I have also tried with a Netcom sim-card - they both work on 3G / EDGE / UMTS for both OS's, but I cannot get the entries into the Service Book which enable WAP and MMS. Opera Mini and Native Browser both work perfectly on 3G and WiFi...
    A solution would really make my day - I love this old phone I got from a friend and the best reward is whan I can get thing like this work!
    Kind rgds
    Ola



  4. #4
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    I'm looking for an answer, and I'll be right back

  5. #5
    ojahr is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    PIN
    256C0D85
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    4.6.0 303
    Posts
    8
    Thanks - will try to stay awake for a while. Have used most of the day to get properly back to 4.6 but tomorrow is another day...



  6. #6
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ojahr View Post
    Hi and thanks. My carrier is Chess (Norway) - owned by TeliaSonera and running on the Netcom network. I have also tried with a Netcom sim-card - they both work on 3G / EDGE / UMTS for both OS's, but I cannot get the entries into the Service Book which enable WAP and MMS. Opera Mini and Native Browser both work perfectly on 3G and WiFi...
    A solution would really make my day - I love this old phone I got from a friend and the best reward is whan I can get thing like this work!
    Kind rgds
    Ola
    You need to contact your carrier, Chess (Norway) to send you the service book to your BlackBerry Bold 9000 device as they would have that information for you.

    There is a few factors you have to remember, if the phone was branded from another carrier, some carriers may not carry the BlackBerry Bold 9000 service books, which explains why you are experiencing this issue.

  7. #7
    ojahr is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    PIN
    256C0D85
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    4.6.0 303
    Posts
    8
    Well, I reallise that Chess is not supporting BB, but it is still strange that I get all the right service book entries when I boot with OS 4.6, but not with 5.0. Could it be that BB has tightened the grip in 5.0 to force all owners to us BIS / BES? I mean, this is what I like about Linux and not like about Apple - the way they all tie you up. I would like to buy 9900, but not if I cannot use it for MMS / WAP without BIS / BES. As you can see - still interested in a solution or workaround..I think using BIS/BES should be based on the individual need!

  8. #8
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ojahr View Post
    Well, I reallise that Chess is not supporting BB, but it is still strange that I get all the right service book entries when I boot with OS 4.6, but not with 5.0. Could it be that BB has tightened the grip in 5.0 to force all owners to us BIS / BES? I mean, this is what I like about Linux and not like about Apple - the way they all tie you up. I would like to buy 9900, but not if I cannot use it for MMS / WAP without BIS / BES. As you can see - still interested in a solution or workaround..I think using BIS/BES should be based on the individual need!
    Not every mobile carrier will support every single BlackBerry device, you have to contact that mobile carrier and see what services they provide, and it's up to you to decide what carrier you think will suit you the best.

    I hope this clears up your issue you are experiencing ojahr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Missing service book.
    By sh0tta in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2010, 08:27 AM
  2. in need of Visual voicemail service book for Tmo
    By dudemaaan in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 05:34 PM
  3. service book
    By 83storm in forum BlackBerry Storm 9530/9500
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 10:47 AM
  4. Service Book problems?
    By ShimmyShine in forum BlackBerry Storm 9530/9500
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 12:25 AM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 01:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •