Performed a Wipe with MCP and then did the install.
Web browser is fast, Poynt 220.127.116.11, FaceBook 18.104.22.168, Windows Live Messenger 2.5.32, TripIT 1.0.12046, Bolt 2.02, Google Voice 0.1.7, Google Sync 0.7.3, Google Maps 4.0.2 and Blackberry App World 22.214.171.124 all work fine. The install package includes 5 the games (these were not included in sub 600 leaks). 3g data connections in general seem much faster.
Blackberry Messenger 126.96.36.199 not working, icon not showing up at all
Downloaded and running for 24hrs now. Solid build with great memory and battery. BBM .66 works fine. Posted via mobile device
Hmm...where did you find .66? I can only find .57 and that one isn't working, I've tried it from App World and directly from blackberry.com and from backup that I took before the upgrade, but they were all .57.
I went down to .610 today because I could not get BBM to work after a few wipes and reinstalls. Additionally, although poynt installed, apparently it could not run due to missing some files. So refine my statement above:
* Noticeably longer batter life (over .554 and early OSes)
* Voice Connections were clear and stable (no reverb or noise)
* Speaker phone seemed to work better (people on the other end noticed an improvement, over 554)
* Package included 5 default games (I haven't seen texas hold em in a while)
* Package included BBM (which didnt work) and BB App World (which didnt work, but did after redownload/reinstall)
* Memory leaks appear to be missing (the device was very stable for the 3 days I had it on and no reboots or noticeable memory loss)
* BBM 188.8.131.52 works (make sure you have Blackberry Maps installed or it won't)
*UPDATE Ok so I decided that I would attempt to fix Poynt while I had some time today. I loaded some older versions of the net_rim_bb_ibs* files. Apparently in Blackberry Master Control Program these files are linked to the Blackberry Maps core application. If you choose to install with out this application (I use Google Maps, so I wanted to save some room), then BBM and Poynt and probably a host of other things do not work. After reinstalling with Blackberry Maps, the files loaded correctly and the blackberry was in love with it's apps again (now if I could only get BES to give me some love, story for another day).
The new sms/mms icon shows up even after viewing all new msgs. You have to do this twice for it to clear. Mostly everything when clicking the ball, it will click twice, taking you one more step further into the menu, very annoying.
Memory improved, web browsing hasn't changed. The 4 or 5 apps I run works fine. Overall, not impressed.