bold 9000 from movistar panama, firmware 4.6.266 no BIS, wifi not working since i have prepaid plan now...so limited to browser on wifi, service books and HRT are not complete for the rest
erased vendor.xml and trid from loader.erxe and it did not work...error when booting the new progressbar in the middle of install, error "reload software:507"
samething happened when i tried the leaked 5.0.411
desktop manager does not recognize the phone...only loader.exe
trying minimal applications install now...if nothing works, i'll hav to erase 5.0 and try again with loader.exe to get 4.6.266 again...
am i missing something? should i erase desktop managr when trying? or should i try with desktop manager from the beginning?
something went wrong again...could it be my phone?
but 4.6.266 works perfectly, and i have updated it like 3 times...(i came with older 4.6 and i updated when new releases came out)
erased 5.0...desktop manager says unable to download software,,,loader.exe wont do it either....
downloading 4.6 manually
i will try erasing evreything with BBSAK and then try again 5.0 from loader.exe...while i wait for 4.6 to download
2 or 3 weeks ago I installed the leaked version of 220.127.116.111. The only problem I encountered is the frequent loss of BIS connection. After using some application (for example BBtran or Facebook) the signal in homescreen goes from "3G BIS" to "3G". The only solution is to pull the battery. This problem is serious because without BIS I can not for example send or receive emails. Now that I've downloaded the official version of the OS 18.104.22.1681 from Bell Mobility, I noticed that the release number is the same as the version leaked (661). This leaves me to assume that the problem is not resolved. I add that a conflict between applications is impossible because them run perfectly in the previous OS.
What do you think? someone else had the same problem?
Excuse me guys for my english....i'm italian:p
i erased all the applications and data before trying and nothing....same problem, OS installs but gives error 507 at the very first boot, right before checking and finishing the os load
If the berry is already frozen with these errors on boot, maybe it would work this way:
1. Clean your PC, meaning uninstalling DM and every BB OS that is on it, then reboot PC
2. Install the desktop software on the PC
3. Install the right BB OS for your device on the PC, search and delete the 'vendor.xml' file from the PC
4. Connect the berry to the PC and make a full wipe with e.g. BBSAK if possible, otherwise download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it on the PC. Find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the root directory c:\
Go to win 'start', then 'run' and type: cmd.exe and press enter, when the command prompt appears type "c:\javaloader -usb wipe" to wipe your berry
5. Disconnect the berry from the PC and pull the battery out
6. With the battery out re-connect the berry to the PC
7. Open the BB Desktop Manager, go to Options and select the 'connection settings'
8. Select USB PIN (note: without a battery in the berry this may take some time, try repeatedly 'detect device' until you get it)
9. Go to the application loader icon
10. Check all software you want to have installed
11. Proceed to the end portion until you see the 'finish' button, BUT DO NOT HIT IT YET, you have to go to 'advanced options' and check all boxes there, then press the 'finish' button
11. Proceed until you are asked, if you want to automatically back up and restore. Caution, you have to select 'DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP'
12. Once the process starts, take care not to bump out the USB cord and re-insert the battery. In some cases you might have to wait till it finishes and says 'connect to insert the battery'.
Keep trying and trying when it does not work for the 1st time.
is the official .411 same as the leak? I mean are there some minor changes on the official? Just asking.. coz I installed .411 leak before.. :D
Just upgraded, so far so good. Seems like the browsing speed is much slower, anyone has the same experience?
I can't seem to connect to facebook.. I can't find any facebook in my service books.. I'm from the pi, so I dunnoe if it has something to do with my carrier (globe telecom).. will it be possible to manual install the service book?
On the Home screen, click Options, or click Settings > Options.
Click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.
Display the menu and click Register Now.
Once the BlackBerry smartphone is successfully registered with the wireless network, click Options or click Settings > Options.
Click Advanced Options.
Click Service Book.
Make sure that the service book listing contains an [IPPP] service book. For example, Desktop[IPPP] or BIBS[IPPP].
Loaded this on a AT&T Bold 9000. So far so good, a couple things though:
-AT&T browser fix worked correctly
-AT&T vvm load from 238 build loaded but had issues getting it to recognize password (I found that removing the service from your phone and doing a battery pull and readding fixed my issues)
My issue at this point is one - the battery life is horrible and the memory drain just as bad. Anyone else having issues like this? Know of any fixes?
Examples of the issue above are 8hr battery life (No WiFi, No Bluetooth) and memory started off the morning with 25MB and about an hour ago I was less than 1MB and wanted me to delete applications.
Hello. downloaded the new software - works great so far.
How do I go about setting a password for the phone? Under Options --> Security Options, I dno't see a "General Settings" where it seems like most internet forums say I need to set a password here.