Build a Better .314
I have had very few problems with .314 and have been running it for 3 weeks. Only had 6 or so reboots and each time I started browser after reboot it would give me a "radio not on" message", which I would acknowledge and restart browser and all would be fine. Nothing really but still a problem. I downloaded .348 and had a looping cycle and never got it to boot. (AT&T)
This morning I copied the radio file from .348 and pasted it to the radio file of .314. This is located in the UMTS folder where your Java files are located.
Reloaded .314 and and no more "radio not on" messages. Browser is still blazing fast and no reboots or any problems at all.
Ghostshell and PeterMac88 on Crackberry have tried this too with no problems.
This will also update your platform from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
And how did you do that? I mean could you put it step by step? Thanks and sorry but i am interested in trying.
Originally Posted by Lineman73
1. Load both OS .314 and OS.348 on your computer
2. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000M_v18.104.22.1684_P22.214.171.124 and find the UMTS folder. It contains the radio file.
3. In a separate window go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000M_v126.96.36.1998_P188.8.131.52 and find the same UMTS folder.
4. Copy the radio file in the .348 UMTS folder and paste it in the .314 UMTS folder and overwrite.
5. Close everything out and go to "Add/Remove programs and make sure you delete the .348 OS so that .314 is the only available OS.
6. Use Apploader and reload OS.314.
7. You will then have a blazing fast OS that will not reboot on you!!!
8. This will also update your OS platform from P184.108.40.206 to P220.127.116.11
If its not the radio file causing the reboots than someone should try and swith a few files in the java folder to see if that solves the problem
Thanks lineman will try that in couple of hours. Also tried browser file replacing but was not so successful.
Originally Posted by Lineman73
Have been successful in replacing SFI file and now its running super fast and no reboots in last 12 hrs so far.
Glad to help Mindy.....Mine has run for over a day. Increased radio reception and call quality has improved. Browser is even a little faster.
i have to try this! hope this will work for me! =) thanks for sharing!
installed .348 and a total of 7 reboots in 2 days.. .314 is rebooting continuously too . i love .348 and .314 so i really hope no reboots if I do install this right. =)
I'm about to say that there are no reboots but argh. It suddenly rebooted. =( DANG!
when it restarts, something will pop up and said something about the media card. err forgot what it exactly said but it's something to do with the media card. It's not an error on the media card though. something like "media card inserted. All media fiies will be automatically added..... " When it happens again I'm gonna write it down. =D
Also, it sometimes reboot then goes back to the last time I was doing. For example, texting someone, "hello" it suddenly reboots, led light turned on, then loads back to the sms "hello" .. it's sometimes annoying when i'm really in a hurry to text. any one else experiencing this?
this fix anod another was posted in the .348 OS forum a while back, per the post it was when .348 came out.