i was wondering.. i see a hybrid for the 8330 and for the storm but does 8900 not have hybrid i want this .130's tabbed browser but dont wanna lose all my stuff on my phone so thats where yalls amazing hybrids come in just dont see any at all for 8900
The only reason I'm asking about stability is because the previous builds were essentially unusable and had major bugs in basic functionality. Bizzaro clock fonts, broken web browser (without tweaking) etc....
Just checking to see if this is a huge leap from there and it is usable every day. I understand it is a beta, (I'm usually pretty bleeding edge), but the prior 5.0 was garbage.
I won't say your wrong but most of the time the way the OS works it depends on the way you install it, I have both Bold and 8900 right now, my 8900 is running this OS and I have no probs at all, many of my apps are working, I haven't tweaked the browser nor anything, I'll say it is very stable, and works great for me, I have had no problems at all, tabs browser are working nice.
When installing this is what I do every time:
Remove the mem card
Make a backup
Go to options, security options, click on the first line (don't remember the name right now), menu key wipe
Then using JLcmder or bbasak I'll do a wipe to reset to factory, then a full wipe till I get the 507 screen to reload software.
Then go c: program files/common files/research in motion/applications loader/
and delete the vendor.xml file, locate loader.exe (small phone icon) and double click on it.
Wait till the device restart after re loading the OS and make a battery pull, reload all your applications, then restore the back up.
sounds too complicated(not that it is) and you dont really gain anything out of it by useing jlcmder.......
I was of the same opinion until I tried to install a hybrid on my 8900 and could not get it to work until I used jlcmder to wipe the device prior to installing the hybrid. After the wipe everything worked fine. The problem could be related to other issues but albeit being a catch-all solution, jlcmder fixed the issue