Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 30

  1. #17
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by allentb View Post
    Anyone having issues with appworld? It loads and then tells me that it can not connect to app world server try again later.
    I haven't had any issues with App World...



  2. #18
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    I was finally able to load this on the wife's Flip. Overall Dave is right on target with his findings. A few things that I've noticed are:

    NO external notifications. None, nunca, zilch...Dave? Any ideas here?
    Browser speeds are not better than before, although it renders better
    After reboot/batt pull the default theme returns no matter what theme you set
    When a message is received and the flip is opened, it goes to the home screen

    This is on both my wife's and my daughter's Flip. The external notification issue is huge for them. Soooooooo I'm hearing ALL about it.

  3. #19
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    I was finally able to load this on the wife's Flip. Overall Dave is right on target with his findings. A few things that I've noticed are:

    NO external notifications. None, nunca, zilch...Dave? Any ideas here?

    Afraid not, as they worked fine on mine. I dunno if you did the complete wipe/reload method; if not something that gets loaded from the backup might be messing it up. Can't test right now cuz i've long since gone back to my Storm.

    Browser speeds are not better than before, although it renders better

    Agreed, but with lack of Rev. A; and a 312MHz processor, I wasn't expecting much more. Still better than ANY other flip phone browser i've seen, IMHO

    After reboot/batt pull the default theme returns no matter what theme you set

    Again, didn't experience this problem with either of the 2 themes I tried (a beta CrackBerry theme I tested and a L-theme)

    When a message is received and the flip is opened, it goes to the home screen

    I cannot remember if mine did this, if it did it didn't bother me.
    My responses are in bold.

    Please note, right now i've got 4.6.1.284 installed on mine; so even if I reactivated it; i'd have to reload the 5.0.0.230 again to test, so it'd be a few days (kinda busy at the moment)
    Last edited by Dave12308; 10-04-2009 at 05:42 PM.



  4. #20
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    My responses are in bold.

    Please note, right now i've got 4.6.1.284 installed on mine; so even if I reactivated it; i'd have to reload the 5.0.0.230 again to test, so it'd be a few days (kinda busy at the moment)
    I wiped with BBSAK and loaded as always. I did it again after the issues started and did not reload from backup. Still, no external notifications.

    Is the official 4.6.X.X release better than the last?

  5. #21
    Linda's Avatar
    Linda is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Device
    8220
    OS
    4.6.0.267
    Posts
    79
    no 5.0 leak for the 8220

    thanks for the info Dave and TempermentalMan, i'll know what to keep an eye out for if the 8220 gets a 5.0 leak



  6. #22
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    I wiped with BBSAK and loaded as always. I did it again after the issues started and did not reload from backup. Still, no external notifications.

    Is the official 4.6.X.X release better than the last?
    Like I said, my 8230 is NOT active right now, so I have no real way to tell as the only thing that could be different would be the radio signal (it LOOKS 100% identical).

    To be honest, I had ABSOLUTELY zero problems with 4.6.1.234 that it shipped with. I mean nary a random reboot or lockup.

  7. #23
    givmedew's Avatar
    givmedew is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow givmedew On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tampa/St. Pete + Chicago/Aurora
    PIN
    the tail on the donky
    Device
    Moto Droid, 9530 and 8230
    OS
    Android 2.0, v10 Hybrid, and 5.0 leak for pearl
    Posts
    40
    Any word on a hybrid for this yet?

    *EDIT* I did notice that the overall size of the 8230 and 8330 .230 folders are the same? Will 8330 java files be compatible?


    I change back and forth between the storm and the pearl flip so I'm hoping this works well
    Last edited by givmedew; 10-18-2009 at 08:51 PM.

  8. #24
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by givmedew View Post
    Any word on a hybrid for this yet?

    *EDIT* I did notice that the overall size of the 8230 and 8330 .230 folders are the same? Will 8330 java files be compatible?


    I change back and forth between the storm and the pearl flip so I'm hoping this works well
    It might. Only way to know is to try since I don't think anyone else has.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •